Monday, January 14, 2013

Bagel Chips

I have not posted in a while. 5 kids can cause you to neglect a blog. But I wanted to share a recipe I have tried. I am sure it is a common one out there but it is a good idea if you have left over bagels and don't want to throw them out. I am fortunate to have an awesome church that gives out left over baked goods from a chain bakery after their service.

I love hummus with bagel chips but the store bought ones are Ridiculously expensive.  So one day I decided to make my own. I did Google a recipe but did not like the time they suggested to bake the chips so I made it my own.


1st slice up your bagel this way to make round chips. The thinner the slice the crispier it will be. I still like them to have a little chew so this is how thick I like them.






                                                                                 
 


2nd coat them with a little olive oil and toss.










3rd Bake at 350 for 4-5 min then flip them over and bake for an additional 4-5 min.



You can really adjust anything with this recipe to accommodate your taste.

*For sweet bagels like cinnamon or blueberry I like to coat them in melted butter and bake the same way.

1 comment: