Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ohhh Checklists!

Calendar of Daily Subjects
Ok so it's that time of year again. The freak out about home schooling time! "Am I doing enough?" "Did I plan the right curriculum?" "Can I really do this?" "Ahhhhhh!" Ok I feel better now.

I don't know why I do this to myself every year. This year though my oldest is 7 so I had to register with the state. I feel like I better not mess this up now because it is official lol.

I went to a home school book fair this month and got some good incite. I am such a planner and I do great with lists (type A, I know). So it kind of hit me, "why not use checklists with the kids more?" When they get off track on there chores, I always bring out there colorful checklists and they are so proud of themselves for being able to check off there chores. So why not use them with home schooling. Last year and since we started back schooling this month, I have been getting a lot of "school, NOOOOOO" from them.

I made a home school folder for me to keep track of assignments and attendance. I also made checklists for my 2 school age kids. Since we started using them, schooling has gone great and without whining. There is something about checking off there accomplishments which make them work harder.

So my tip of the day is MAKE CHECKLISTS! :)


Chore Check List
Daily School Work Check List

No comments:

Post a Comment