Thursday, May 12, 2011

Stick in the Mud

For so many reasons I have just been stressed out lately. And have probably been a stick in the mud with the kids. I always seem to be telling them what they can't do. I have realized that they need a fun day. So against my neat freakish tendencies, I told them to go outside today and just have fun. Don't worry about getting dirty and have fun. At first they were apprehensive that I would get mad. But I went out there (in my nice shoes) and helped them get started, by filling up the wagon with water but the tarp leaked and it created a big muddy spot. They were avoiding it until I said, hey go jump in the mud. And now they are out side screaming and laughing as loud as they can. We all need a day in the mud to just chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment